Unstructured Podcast – Episode 147 – David Hooper chats about the music industry and podcasting
David Hooper has been in Podcasting for over fifteen years and is also the author of the tome – “Build a Big Podcast.” He first began working on the radio and podcasting was his secondary thing. Until Dave Jackson really turned him onto it. As a radio guy he saw people in Podcasting as super nerds, before he decided to take up podcasting. Then he started doing and it turned out to be very enjoyable. Eric and David have a super informal and wide-ranging chat about the music industry and podcasting.
In this Episode 147 – David Hooper
- The music business
- Gene Simmons
- Born in Nashville
- Similarities of podcasting to the music industry
- Where will podcasting go?
- Comparison between radio and podcasting
- Problem about podcasting: good news was “easier than ever to get in the podcasting” and bad news, “easier than ever to get in the podcasting”
- Validating your rate in podcasting
- Difference of between people from music world and people from podcasting
- Dozen of books of David
- Hustle or is it a deliberate practice: how to succeed?
- One most important thing you can see a new show doing to succeed?
New Episode! @davidhooper chats about the music industry and podcastinghttps://t.co/tvgX3pffxe— Unstructured (@unstructuredp) May 28, 2019
Spotify https://t.co/E12pBTu6Dd @Podbeancom https://t.co/fO1FuVgg29#UnstructuredPod #Dynamic #Informal #Conversations hosted by @hunleyeric#PodernFamily #MusicBusiness pic.twitter.com/zQgPOFrMgS
David Hooper Quotes from this Episode:
- “Same way in Podcasting you can be a superstar in smaller markets.”
- “I just assumed everybody knew who’s possible to make a living with your ideas, creativity, put you on a show and people come to it.”
- “Bringing you own personality, the things that you have learned along the way but not being afraid to have an opinion and share it. I think if you are bringing that into your Podcast, it don’t have to be an act just has to be you; that is going to help you to attract people.”
You can also find more about David Hooper online here:
Support the Unstructured Podcast
Please don’t forget to show your support of the Unstructured podcast by listening and downloading. We would appreciate it if you would take the time to subscribe to the UnstructuredPod using your preferred podcast listening channel. Your review of the UnstructuredPod help the show climb the charts so that new listeners can discover it organically. You can review Unstructured on Apple iTunes by clicking on the aforementioned link. Also please be sure to check out the latest content featured on the Unstructured podcast’s Twitter feed at @unstructuredp.
Furthermore if you want to be a part of our community hit like on our Facebook page. Or you can also connect to us via the Unstructured Instagram account. We finally invite you to start your own unstructured conversations. Within our ever growing community of influencers and free thinkers. Be a part of the unstructured in-crowd and also apply to join the Unstructured Facebook group.